STEPHEN YAO, MD, FAAOS
Dr. Yao, a sports medicine and orthopedic specialist, thought he was destined for a career as a physical therapist before having a change of heart and deciding to attend medical school. He even practiced physical therapy during part of his time in medical school. "With my physical therapy training and love of sports, it just seemed like a natural extension," Dr. Yao says. "It's sort of a cliché, but I love the whole aspect of being able to identify a problem and fix it. It's positive reinforcement on a daily basis."
When he's not in the clinic or in surgery, Dr. Yao plays in a rock band. He also enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, volleyball, and competing in triathlons.
- Undergraduate: Marquette University
- Medical School: Rush Medical College Chicago, Il
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine, Lake Tahoe Orthopaedic Institute
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery