SHANE HESS, DO, FAOAO, FAAOS
Dr. Hess specializes in the following:
- Total Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Partial Knee
- Revision of the Hip & Knee
- Complex Hip & Knee Reconstruction
- Outpatient Hip & Knee Joint Replacement
- Robot-Assisted Surgery
- Regenerative Medicine
- Dr Hess was good at addressing what I needed to have my procedure . I look forward to my next visit. - Tom A. - 3/01/2023
- Broke my hip two years ago and Dr Hess rebuilt it and it’s doing great! Great Surgeon, friendly and caring! Thank you 🙏 - Missy - 2/24/2023
- Dr Hess was knowledgeable, giving practical advice on the options currently available. He was very personable and gave the most painless shot in my knee I have ever had. - Sheryll R. - 2/20/2023
- Dr. Hess and his staff have been great. He quickly agreed to my hip replacement after over 50 years of dealing with hip dysplasia and correcting my leg length discrepancy. My progress is going well and I continue to work with him on my recovery. All the staff at Hope are friendly and considerate. I am lucky to have found... read more - Christine F. - 1/26/2023
- The staff was caring and professional. The time spent with Dr. Hess was relaxed and thorough. He discussed my concerns and decided on an encouraging approach. I came away impressed and hopeful! - Jeannie S. - 1/15/2023
Dr. Hess is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon, specializing in adult joint reconstruction of the hip and knee. His focus with patients is on a personalized approach where he not only partners with them, but guides them to a realistic solution.
Dr. Hess completed his adult reconstruction fellowship in 2015 at Virginia Commonwealth University, where he gained valuable experience in treating complex joint problems. Dr. Hess completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Michigan State University – McLaren Greater Lansing in Lansing, Michigan. He obtained his medical degree from Des Moines University – College of Osteopathic Medicine where he was recognized with the Osteopathic Ram’s Head Award and Howard A. Graney Award for Surgical Excellence. He received his undergraduate from the University of Southern Colorado.
“My approach to the orthopedic patient is to provide the very best care possible utilizing the latest techniques as well as the most up-to-date evidence-based medicine in a patient-centric manner. With this focus, we can reach expectations whether through surgical or non-surgical options.”
When looking where to plant some roots both professionally and personally, Dr. Hess and his fiancé decided on the Pacific Northwest because of their love for the outdoors. They are both very active and excited to see all that Salem has to offer.
* On 9/8/21, Dr. Hess was highlighted in the national article, 10 Total Joint ASC Physicians to Know (Becker's ASC Review).
ASC/HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS: Willamette Surgery Center Salem Health
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, Double Major Chemistry and Biology, University of Southern Colorado
- Medical School: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Des Moines University – College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Undergraduate Fellowship: Osteopathic Manual Medicine, Des Moines University – College of Osteopathic Manual Medicine
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: Department of Orthopedic Surgery, McLaren Greater Lansing, Michigan State University – College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Fellowship: Adult Reconstruction, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery (AOBOS)