SHANE HESS, DO, FAOAO, FAAOS
The staff and Dr. Hess were extremely friendly and efficient. They listened to me and made me feel very comfortable and explained what they were doing and why. - Charla S. - 1/28/2022
Was very impressed with Dr. Hess, learned more about hip replacements. Don't have to look any further. thanks.... - Gary R. - 12/30/2021
Very happy from start to finish. Dr. Hess and staff always courteous, informed and helpful. - Warren L. - 12/09/2021
Oh my gosh I can’t say enough good things about Dr Hess and his assistant!! I’ve been living with knee pain for two years. My appointment was on Monday and Dr Hess suggested I get injections instead of knee surgery I’m so glad I took his suggestion. It’s been a week and I have LITTLE OR NO PAIN!! I’ll be... read more - Susan A. - 12/07/2021
Love Dr. Hess and his staff.
- Patty D. - 12/05/2021
Dr. Hess is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon, specializing in adult joint reconstruction of the hip and knee. His focus with patients is on a personalized approach where he not only partners with them, but guides them to a realistic solution.
Dr. Hess completed his adult reconstruction fellowship in 2015 at Virginia Commonwealth University, where he gained valuable experience in treating complex joint problems. Dr. Hess completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Michigan State University – McLaren Greater Lansing in Lansing, Michigan. He obtained his medical degree from Des Moines University – College of Osteopathic Medicine where he was recognized with the Osteopathic Ram’s Head Award and Howard A. Graney Award for Surgical Excellence. He received his undergraduate from the University of Southern Colorado.
“My approach to the orthopedic patient is to provide the very best care possible utilizing the latest techniques as well as the most up-to-date evidence-based medicine in a patient-centric manner. With this focus, we can reach expectations whether through surgical or non-surgical options.”
When looking where to plant some roots both professionally and personally, Dr. Hess and his fiancé decided on the Pacific Northwest because of their love for the outdoors. They are both very active and excited to see all that Salem has to offer.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, Double Major Chemistry and Biology, University of Southern Colorado
- Medical School: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Des Moines University – College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Undergraduate Fellowship: Osteopathic Manual Medicine, Des Moines University – College of Osteopathic Manual Medicine
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: Department of Orthopedic Surgery, McLaren Greater Lansing, Michigan State University – College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Fellowship: Adult Reconstruction, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery (AOBOS)