SHANE HESS, DO, FAOAO, FAAOS
- Dr Hess was awesome. Everyone at this clinic is very polite and helpful. Caring - Gregrey H. - 7/10/2023read more
- Dr Hess was great along with the tech for x-rays. The down side was the hour wait past scheduled appointment. Would have got a five if not for the long wait. Excuse was over booked. Thanks Dr Hess for being so kind so I could over look the tardiness. - David C. - 7/10/2023read more
- Hope Orthopedic was overwhelmed with patients. The Xray was 1 hour behind. But all the receptionists and medical assistant were very friendly and informational. Once being seen by Dr Hess, it was a short visit as all was ok. - Carol M. - 7/08/2023read more
- Dr Hess is an excellent surgeon and very cheerful. He explains things well & answered all my questions. - L.A. - 5/19/2023read more
- Dr Hess is awesome - Amy Z. - 5/15/2023read more
Dr. Hess is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon, specializing in adult joint reconstruction of the hip and knee. His focus with patients is on a personalized approach where he not only partners with them, but guides them to a realistic solution.
Dr. Hess completed his adult reconstruction fellowship in 2015 at Virginia Commonwealth University, where he gained valuable experience in treating complex joint problems. Dr. Hess completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Michigan State University – McLaren Greater Lansing in Lansing, Michigan. He obtained his medical degree from Des Moines University – College of Osteopathic Medicine where he was recognized with the Osteopathic Ram’s Head Award and Howard A. Graney Award for Surgical Excellence. He received his undergraduate from the University of Southern Colorado.
“My approach to the orthopedic patient is to provide the very best care possible utilizing the latest techniques as well as the most up-to-date evidence-based medicine in a patient-centric manner. With this focus, we can reach expectations whether through surgical or non-surgical options.”
When looking where to plant some roots both professionally and personally, Dr. Hess and his fiancé decided on the Pacific Northwest because of their love for the outdoors. They are both very active and excited to see all that Salem has to offer.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, Double Major Chemistry and Biology, University of Southern Colorado
- Medical School: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Des Moines University – College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Undergraduate Fellowship: Osteopathic Manual Medicine, Des Moines University – College of Osteopathic Manual Medicine
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: Department of Orthopedic Surgery, McLaren Greater Lansing, Michigan State University – College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Fellowship: Adult Reconstruction, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery (AOBOS)