RICHARD TOBIN, MD
Dr. Richard Tobin is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in general orthopedics, sports medicine and shoulder conditions. He completed his orthopedic surgery internship and residency at the San Diego Naval Hospital and has been with Hope Orthopedics since 1994.
He has dedicated much of his free time to Salem area athletics, assisting student athletes at the high school and college level. He was the team physician at Western Oregon University and served the sidelines of Willamette University, helping athletes both off and on the field for 23 years. When he isn’t in the clinic or operating room, Dr. Tobin enjoys hiking, fishing, weight lifting, working on his property in West Salem and travelling. He's also been spotted more than once bent over a crossword puzzle.
- Undergraduate: Dartmouth College
- Medical School: Jefferson Medical College
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: San Diego Naval Hospital
- Internship: San Diego Naval Hospital
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Mid Valley Independent Physicians Association
- Marion Polk Medical Society
- Oregon Association of Orthopedic Surgeons