KELLY MCCORMICK, MD, FAAOS
Dr. McCormick specializes in the following:
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS)
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Instability of the Ankle
- Ankle Fractures
- Total Ankle Replacement
- Complex Foot Reconstruction
- Regenerative Medicine
- Patient, listens, explains things well. [Dr. McCormick]
- Carlene B. - 5/08/2023
- The wait was short and everyone I spoke to was knowledgeable and efficient. I got the information I was seeking from Dr. McCormick who answered all of my questions.
- Michele F. - 4/08/2023
- I got an appointment in a very timely manner. The doctor was thorough and listen to carefully. I will return to see him and would recommend Dr. McCormick highly. - Joan S. - 4/04/2023
- Dr. McCormick is great! He is straight to the point. He is a great surgeon as well, he was mindful of my tattoo and not cutting into it. My scar will be very minimal when I am healed. - Heather S. - 1/30/2023
- Dr. McCormick has been amazing with my son and his treatment, I am thankful that he is helping us and he truly cares about his patients. - Samantha W. - 1/14/2023
Dr. Kelly McCormick joined Hope Orthopedics of Oregon in September 2012 after completing a prestigious Foot and Ankle Fellowship training program at The Campbell Clinic, University of Tennessee. He says he enjoys focusing on foot and ankle conditions because, “Your feet are what ground you. If you injure your feet, you lose that grounding. And when your feet hurt, it seems like everything else hurts. I really enjoy giving that base, that grounding, back to patients so they can quickly return to the activities that they love most.”
Trained in minimally invasive orthopedic procedures, Dr. McCormick is currently the first and only doctor in Salem doing procedures of this kind. These procedures are most effective for patients and reduce the amount of down time after surgery.
Dr. McCormick has published several articles in peer-reviewed journals and textbooks and is the principal designer of a line of specialty orthopedic surgical instruments. When he's not taking care of his patients, Dr. McCormick can be found traveling or foraging the Pacific Northwest forests for edible fungi with his family.
To read about Dr. McCormick's success with total ankle replacement click here.
- Undergraduate: The Colorado College
- Medical School: The University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: UPMC Hamot Medical Center, Erie, PA
- Fellowship: The Campbell Clinic, University of Tennessee, Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Board of Physician Specialties
Professional Society Memberships
- Active Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Active Member, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS)