JOHN COEN, MD
Dr. Coen specializes in the following:
- Joint Reconstruction
Dr. John Coen is a board-certified Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in joint reconstruction. He has 23 years experience in hip and knee replacement surgery, where his primary focus lies. He is passionate about restoring patients to wholly participate in the activities of a fulfilling life. He averages nearly 500 joint replacements per year.
Dr. Coen says, "My patients come through our doors in debilitating pain, with trepidation and questions. They want their former lives back, but most of all; they want a doctor that they can trust with every step that they take for the rest of their lives. For that reason, I listen and offer heartfelt assurance that I have their best interest in mind."
Prior to moving to Oregon, Dr. Coen serviced in the Air Force as a Medical Corps officer. He enjoys spending time with his wife, who is a Hope physical therapist, and visiting their five children all across the country. For the past ten years, he has been the team physician for Blanchet, and can be found on the sidelines throughout the year providing medical assistance to friend or foe.
- Undergraduate: University of Notre Dame
- Medical School: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: University of Alabama Hospital
- Fellowship: New Mexico Center for Joint Replacement
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Oral Examiner: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery