DR. JEFFREY KNIGHT
Dr. Knight specializes in a variety of orthopedic conditions including:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Trigger Finger
- Thumb Basal Joint Arthritis
- Ganglion Cysts
- Dupuytren's Disease
- Hand Fractures
- Wrist Fractures
Dr. Knight is a Northwest native, growing up in Redmond, Washington. He left the Seattle area to pursue his education at Brigham Young University where he was an engineering major. This was followed by graduate work in Biomedical Engineering at Arizona State University before starting medical school.
His medical training took him to New York State for most of a decade including four years of medical school at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx and five years of orthopedic training in the SUNY at Buffalo program.
He then moved to Texas for an additional year of fellowship training focused on hand surgery at the Hand Center of San Antonio.
In 2009, he was thrilled to return to the Northwest with his family to practice at Hope Orthopedics in Salem, Oregon. Outside of practice, he stays busy playing tennis and keeping up with his wife and 6 children as well as serving as a youth leader in his local church congregation.
Dr. Knight's engineering background coupled with his orthopedic training in bone and joint conditions and biomechanics, coupled with his additional sub-specialty training specifically in treating conditions of the hand and wrist, provide a unique perspective on how this system works. He aims to use these expertise to provide the best technical care while maintaining a teamwork approach to treating your condition.
- Undergraduate: Brigham Young University
- Graduate: Arizona State University
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
Graduate Medical Education
- Internship: SUNY at Buffalo
- Residency: SUNY at Buffalo
- Fellowship: Hand Center of San Antonio, Hand Surgery
- Board Certified, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Board Certified, Surgery of the Hand
- Member, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
Professional Society Memberships
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Member, American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)