GERALD AGGREY, MD
Dr. Gerald Aggrey is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in hip and knee replacement. Following completion of orthopedic surgery residency at Duke University in Durham, NC, he pursued one year of additional specialized training in adult reconstruction at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN which focused exclusively on primary and revision hip and knee replacement.
Dr. Aggrey grew up in New Jersey and lived in the Midwest and Southeast for most of his education. He first felt the draw of the Pacific Northwest as a child when visiting family in his mother’s hometown of Beaverton. After traveling throughout Oregon and Washington for a variety of family events and experiencing the natural beauty of the region firsthand he knew that one day he would like to settle in the area permanently.
“I am excited to join the team at Hope Orthopedics and to add my specialized training to the toolbox at Hope to provide excellent orthopedic care in the Willamette Valley. I really enjoy helping people who are experiencing significant limitations due to bone and joint problems and working with them to restore their quality of life through non-surgical or surgical methods.”
When not working, Dr. Aggrey enjoys playing sports, especially ultimate frisbee and disc golf, as well as exploring the Pacific Northwest for new hiking and camping spots with his wife, two children, and two dogs. Dr. Aggrey’s wife is an occupational therapist who also will be joining Hope as a member of the hand therapy team.
- Undergraduate: Indiana University Bloomington, Bloomington, Indiana
Bachelor of Science, Human Biology and Neuroscience
- Medical School: Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine,
St. Louis, Missouri
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: Duke University
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee
Adult Reconstruction, 2020-2021
Honors and Awards
- AOA Resident Leadership Forum, 2019
- William S. Ogden, Jr. Piedmont Traveling Fellowship Award, 2018
- Washington University Distinguished Faculty Scholarship, 2011
- Indiana University, Herman B. Wells Scholar, 2007-2011
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars, 2008
- Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship, 2007