DANIEL ELKIN, MD
Dr. Elkin specializes in the following:
- Sports Medicine
- Hip, Knee, Shoulder, and Elbow Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Hip Preservation and Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Knee Ligament, Meniscus and Cartilage Surgery
- Shoulder Replacement
- Fracture Treatment
Dr. Daniel Elkin is a fellowship trained sports medicine surgeon specializing in the treatment of shoulder, elbow, hip, and knee conditions. His focus is on a personalized and evidence-based approach to treating each patient’s condition. He believes in providing
his patients with all of the operative and non-operative options so they can make the best-informed decisions about their treatment.
Dr. Elkin completed his fellowship at Medstar-Union Memorial Hospital where he worked with recreational, collegiate and professional athletes while covering the Baltimore Ravens, Washington Wizards, Towson Tigers, and Morgan State Bears.
“Through my experiences on the field, on the trail and in the mountains, I understand how important it is to get back to doing what you love after an injury. My goal is to shepherd you along the path of recovery, and be your strongest advocate in the process.”
In his free time, Dr. Elkin enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter. He is also an avid backcountry skier and mountain biker.
- Undergraduate: Brandeis University
- Medical School: Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School, Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship: Medstar Union Memorial Hospital Program, Orthopedic Sports Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- America Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America