DAN SEWELL, MD, FAAOS
- Deanna in Lab was so helpful and so was Katelynd in Dr Sewell’s office
- Dotty P. - 7/31/2023
- Dr Sewell seemed very knowledgeable professional thorough and personable and I’m comfortable enough to have him perform my surgery. - Rick F. - 7/23/2023
- Hope Orthopedics is the best and my Doctor Dr. Sewell and staff are too. Thank you for taking such great care of me 😊
- Cathy P. - 7/22/2023
- I was pleasantly surprised about Dr. Sewell. Besides giving me a few different options for my knees he treated me with some relief on my first visit. I really expected to have a meet and great appointment but it was way beyond my expectations. - TC - 7/22/2023
- Dr. Sewell and his surgery nurse were great along with the person who roomed us and took vitals, etc.. They were all very informative and gave me every bit of information that I needed the front counter where you check in needs to smile more and be a little more people oriented, that’s the reason for four out of five stars. - Bryan H. - 7/21/2023
Dan Sewell, MD is an orthopedic physician and surgeon who specializes in injuries and conditions of the hips and knees. His treatment focus is on arthritic patients with an emphasis on total hip or knee replacements. Known for his warm and comforting bedside manner, Dr. Sewell is a highly-rated physician whose patients appreciate his empathetic approach.
Dr. Sewell is a founding partner of Hope Orthopedics of Oregon and performs more than 300 joint replacement surgeries each year. He has a strong interest in joint arthroplasty and has been a pioneer in Oregon helping create an accredited outpatient total joint arthroplasty program at the Willamette Surgery Center.
Over 350 outpatient total hip and knee replacements have been performed annually by Dr. Sewell and other members of the total joint team from Hope Orthopedics. Patient reviews of the total joint program have been outstanding with 99% of participants stating they were extremely satisfied with their care and surgical outcomes.
- Undergraduate: Whitman College
- Medical School: Washington University St. Louis, Mo
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: National Naval Medical Center
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery