DAN SEWELL, MD, FAAOS
Dr. Sewell specializes in the following:
- Total and Partial Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Outpatient Hip and Knee Replacement
- Regenerative Medicine
- Everyone was very helpful and caring. Dr. gave lots of information which I ws able to share with the family. I am very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Sewell. - Nancy W. - 3/01/2023
- Everyone was very helpful and caring. Dr. gave lots of information which I ws able to share with the family. I am very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Sewell. - Nancy W. - 2/20/2023
- Dr Sewell is a wonderful doctor. He explains everything so you can understand and is very caring to his patients. - Sherrie D. - 1/29/2023
- Excellent caring doctor Dan Sewell! And his great team! - Dewey F. - 1/26/2023
- Dr. Sewell has helped me since 2017 when an accident required arthroscopy of my right knee. His skill in surgery provided wonderful results. I was 75 years in 2017. I had an accident on that knee in Nov. 2022. Dr. Sewell injected prednisone in the knee Jan. 25, 2023 and it is feeling good today, Jan. 26, 2023. Thank you,... read more - Marjorie K. - 1/25/2023
Dan Sewell, MD is an orthopedic physician and surgeon who specializes in injuries and conditions of the hips and knees. His treatment focus is on arthritic patients with an emphasis on total hip or knee replacements. Known for his warm and comforting bedside manner, Dr. Sewell is a highly-rated physician whose patients appreciate his empathetic approach.
Dr. Sewell is a founding partner of Hope Orthopedics of Oregon and performs more than 300 joint replacement surgeries each year. He has a strong interest in joint arthroplasty and has been a pioneer in Oregon helping create an accredited outpatient total joint arthroplasty program at the Willamette Surgery Center.
Over 350 outpatient total hip and knee replacements have been performed annually by Dr. Sewell and other members of the total joint team from Hope Orthopedics. Patient reviews of the total joint program have been outstanding with 99% of participants stating they were extremely satisfied with their care and surgical outcomes.
- Undergraduate: Whitman College
- Medical School: Washington University St. Louis, Mo
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: National Naval Medical Center
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery