ALLISON MITCHELL, MD
Dr. Mitchell specializes in the following:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Trigger Finger
- Thumb & Finger Arthritis
- Hand & Wrist Arthritis
- Elbow Arthritis
- Hand, Wrist & Elbow Tendon Injuries
- Hand, Wrist & Elbow Fractures
- Nerve Injuries
Fantastic and efficient experience for my sons hand that required surgery from a football injury. We started with Dr. Mitchell, who got us in to Dr Karlen. What I appreciated the most was that both doctors listened to my son and understood his feelings towards being able to finish his senior year football season. I wish that we had been... read more - Julia H. - 11/30/2022
Dr. Mitchell is great and she made me feel comfortable having surgery. She was also very compassionate about the pain I have been experiencing, She also explained all of the steps about what she was going to do, as well as why. what will happen and with having a broken hand, as well as doing a great job reassuring me... read more - Tammi B. - 11/18/2022
Dr. Mitchell is a wonderful doctor! Everyone there is very caring towards the patients. - Vicki P. - 11/10/2022
Dr Mitchell was amazing!!! I hope I don’t need her surgery skills again but if I do I will definitely go back to her. - Ann R. - 11/04/2022
Loved my doctor [Dr. Mitchell], and the team at the surgery center were wonderful. They listened to my concerns regarding how sensitive I am to some medications. They put me right at ease. - Julie B. - 11/01/2022
Dr. Allison Mitchell is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in hand and upper extremity. Following completion of orthopedic surgery residency at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California, she pursued one year of additional specialized training in hand surgery at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, which focused on upper extremity and microvascular surgery.
Dr. Mitchell grew up in California and lived on the West Coast for most of her education. She has always been interested in science and was a biology major at UCLA. She has been in love with the Pacific Northwest after taking family vacations to Oregon and Washington throughout her childhood.
Dr. Mitchell is thrilled to join the Hope Orthopedics team and continue their tradition of providing excellent care to the patients of the Willamette Valley. Her fellowship training at Duke gave her the skillset to manage complex bony and soft tissue pathology of the hand, wrist and elbow. She looks forward to treating these patients with both surgical and non-surgical techniques.
When not working, Dr. Mitchell enjoys hiking, camping and fly fishing with her husband, Scott. Her newfound interest in trail running has allowed her to explore the Pacific Northwest by entering races throughout the area. When they are not being active, Dr. Mitchell and her husband also enjoy learning about and tasting wines throughout the Willamette Valley.
- Undergraduate: University of California, Los Angeles
- Medical School: David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: Stanford University, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program
- Fellowship: Duke University, Hand Surgery Fellowship Program
Honors and Awards
- Elected Stanford Orthopaedics Administrative Chief Resident 2020-2021 by peers
- Alpha Omega Alpha (Member of AOA) – UCLA Medical School - 2015
- Six Letters of Distinction on Clinical Clerkships: Ambulatory Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Inpatient Internal Medicine, Neurology, Pediatrics, Surgery – UCLA Medical School – 2014-2015
- College Honors Student – UCLA – 2012
- Magna Cum Laude Honors – UCLA – 2012
- Departmental Honors in Biology – UCLA – 2012