ALLISON MITCHELL, MD
Dr. Mitchell specializes in the following:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Trigger Finger
- Thumb & Finger Arthritis
- Hand & Wrist Arthritis
- Elbow Arthritis
- Hand, Wrist & Elbow Tendon Injuries
- Hand, Wrist & Elbow Fractures
- Nerve Injuries
- The dr was a great listener and made sure that I understood the answers to every question I had .[Dr. Mitchell] has a very positive and cheery aditude, and a passion to want to help you . She will go out of her way to ensure that you know every option that you have and make sure that you are taken care of correctly how you want .In my opinion she is a great dr and I would recommend her to anyone with hand or wrist problems . - Shane B. - 8/11/2023read more
- [Dr. Mitchell] was the best.
- Dennis H. - 7/22/2023read more
- Dr. Mitchell was so nice and listened to my concerns. She made me feel so comfortable and explained everything I needed to know. - Kara M. - 7/13/2023read more
- Great customer service. Got in to see the doctor and got out quickly. Dr Mitchell is wonderful- good listener and makes suggestions for options to your care. - Nancy H. - 5/25/2023read more
- Dr. Mitchell is friendly, caring and provides excellent care. I appreciate her easing my concerns during a stressful time. - Cindy B. - 5/19/2023read more
Dr. Allison Mitchell is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in hand and upper extremity. Following completion of orthopedic surgery residency at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California, she pursued one year of additional specialized training in hand surgery at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, which focused on upper extremity and microvascular surgery.
Dr. Mitchell grew up in California and lived on the West Coast for most of her education. She has always been interested in science and was a biology major at UCLA. She has been in love with the Pacific Northwest after taking family vacations to Oregon and Washington throughout her childhood.
Dr. Mitchell is thrilled to join the Hope Orthopedics team and continue their tradition of providing excellent care to the patients of the Willamette Valley. Her fellowship training at Duke gave her the skillset to manage complex bony and soft tissue pathology of the hand, wrist and elbow. She looks forward to treating these patients with both surgical and non-surgical techniques.
When not working, Dr. Mitchell enjoys hiking, camping and fly fishing with her husband, Scott. Her newfound interest in trail running has allowed her to explore the Pacific Northwest by entering races throughout the area. When they are not being active, Dr. Mitchell and her husband also enjoy learning about and tasting wines throughout the Willamette Valley.
- Undergraduate: University of California, Los Angeles
- Medical School: David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: Stanford University, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program
- Fellowship: Duke University, Hand Surgery Fellowship Program
Honors and Awards
- Elected Stanford Orthopaedics Administrative Chief Resident 2020-2021 by peers
- Alpha Omega Alpha (Member of AOA) – UCLA Medical School - 2015
- Six Letters of Distinction on Clinical Clerkships: Ambulatory Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Inpatient Internal Medicine, Neurology, Pediatrics, Surgery – UCLA Medical School – 2014-2015
- College Honors Student – UCLA – 2012
- Magna Cum Laude Honors – UCLA – 2012
- Departmental Honors in Biology – UCLA – 2012