ALANA RYAN, DO
- Dr. Ryan is experienced, listened to me explaining my symptoms etc, and worked with me re: next steps. She is incredibly knowledgeable And this is the second time I've seen her. Highly recommend!
- Daneka K. - 7/14/2023
- Dr. Ryan is amazing! She is patient and very knowledgeable! - Janae P. - 7/10/2023
- Best experience I’ve ever had with a medical appt. On time. Quick procedure time. Fantastic customer service. Dr Ryan is a first class doctor with a fantastic bedside manner - Bob T. - 6/14/2023
- Dr. Ryan is flat out amazing! I took my daughter in for a second opinion for her knee injury (from softball). With a thorough physical exam & detailed lesson on X-rays/MRI’s, she was able to pin point and explain the pain that my daughter was having without sounding pretentious or dismissive. She offered solutions that made sense and took the... read more - Tiffany J. - 5/19/2023
- I Love Dr Ryan!! She's great all around. Hope is always busy, but seems to go fairly quickly most of the time!
- Karin R. - 5/10/2023
Dr. Alana Ryan specializes in non-operative, primary care sports medicine. Her expertise include the diagnosis and management of non-operative musculoskeletal conditions, concussions, and general medical conditions as they relate to activity and sports performance in both children and adults. She is dual board-certified in Family Medicine and Primary Care Sports Medicine.
Dr. Ryan graduated from Sprague High School and is a former Division I collegiate gymnast. She attended osteopathic medical school at Western University of Health Sciences and received the distinction of being selected as a teaching fellow for her peers. She completed her Sports Medicine fellowship training at Wake Forest University where she served as team physician for Wake Forest University athletics and University of North Carolina School of the Arts. Throughout her medical training, she worked with patients of all ages and activity levels with the goal of helping them prevent and manage injuries and chronic conditions through movement and exercise. She has been fortunate to have worked with a variety of elite athletes from various sports and performing arts backgrounds.
She is trained in ultrasound-guided diagnosis and musculoskeletal injections including steroid, visco-supplementation and platelet-rich plasma. Some of her unique passions are preventative medicine, osteopathic manual medicine, regenerative medicine, dance and gymnastics, youth and women in sport, and keeping patients active throughout their lifespan.
“My osteopathic and family medicine training allows me to bring a comprehensive and balanced approach to my patient’s concerns. My goal is to partner with my patients regardless of athlete status, to achieve their health, wellness and performance goals using a team-based and holistic approach that keeps them participating in the activities they love.”
Additionally, Dr. Ryan has been working with Willamette University Athletics as the Team Physician since October 2019.
Dr. Ryan and her husband enjoy all of the outdoor activities the Pacific Northwest has to offer and are excited to call Oregon home once again. They currently reside on a few acres near Salem with their 2 dogs and 2 cats. They are fans of the Timbers and Thorns, farmers markets, learning how to start a farm, and local community sports.
- Undergraduate: California State University, Fullerton
- Medical School: Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
Graduate Medical Education
- Residency: Providence Saint Peter Family Medicine, Family Medicine
- Fellowship: Wake Forest University, Primary Care Sports Medicine